2010-07-08

Bulkhead solid, some rust in the floor

Today I removed the floor in the cab to assess the extent the of rust that could be seen where the footwells meet the floorboard. Not too bad, on the passenger side it is just the upper, thicker, sheet that is rusted and no holes thru. On the drivers side there is a hole where the footwell meets the floorboard, in the middle under the brake pedal.

The good news is that the rest of the bulkhead seems solid, went over it with a hammer and as far as I can tell there is no more rust anywhere :-)

I also spent some time checking out the chassis for rust, and apart from some surface rust it also seems solid.
I am thinking of having it rust-proofed, I don't know what it's called but wax stuff they spray inside the chassis might be a good insurance for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment